Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Swing of Spring: News and Updates on the Homestead

Where do I start! I have so much to catch up on, and so much to keep up with that I don't know where to begin... Here's a list and some photos:

-We Got the deed for our property (We got the deed in the mail the day that my parents came in for their visit, and I was so excited that I had them take a picture of me with it!)
-My parents and youngest brother came out for a visit over spring break (so much fun!)
-Our old flock of  hens started laying again! (another post..)
-Our bunny, Roxy the Rex had a litter on Friday night (I'll be posting more in a bit)
-We got our next flock of chickens on Saturday (we bought 15 chicks from the local feed store)
-Our garden is planted (mostly... more in another post)
-Emma started preschool (posts on this later..)
-Thanks to our little helpers, the pump house has walls, a window, a roof, a door and a floor! We just have to finish the outside and then begin working on the interior! (also another post)
-I'm officially an apprentice level beekeeper!
-Chris and I started our first Permaculture Design Course (Also a whole 'nother post... maybe a series of posts!)
-We have a nearly complete gravel driveway... just needs some more tractor work... Did I mention we have a tractor? I'm sure we did...
-Plus, Chris is still working, I am still writing children's stories and articles for my local newspaper.

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of anything else right now, so here's just a pretty photo of some of my favorite wild flowers here on the homestead. Does anyone know what they are?






No comments:

Post a Comment