Friday, December 27, 2013

Doing Laundry

I can honestly say that I don't enjoy doing laundry. Or at least I didn't. Now that I know what I do now, I don't think I will mind it so much!


I am a freelance writer for my local paper and I just finished an assignment on making homemade laundry soap. I had so much fun doing the research for it! Here's what I learned:

* Most store bought detergents cost about $0.25 a load. Homemade detergent costs about $0.03 per load!
*It's easy to make! Powdered detergent is so super easy, it takes five minutes and you are done! Liquid detergent takes a little longer, but it could still be worth the extra effort!
*It is hypoallergenic, safe to use on cloth diapers (which I love!) and it doesn't build up in your washer or dryer
*The best way to soften your laundry is to use about 1/2 cup of white vinegar in your rinse cycle. It softens, disinfects, and deodorizes you laundry, not to mention it cleans your washer, all at the same time!


*Another way to soften your laundry is to use these felted wool dryer balls. Click here to see my tutorial!



All in all, I really enjoyed learning more about how to do my laundry in a way that makes me feel good about being a modern pioneer!

No comments:

Post a Comment