Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Path Not Taken


As I sit here and wonder about why I'm feeling down (cause sometimes I do), I am reminded of a poem by Robert Frost that has always held great meaning in my life; The Path Not Taken.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood,
And looked down one as far as I could,
To where it bent in the undergrowth.


Then took the other just as fair
Having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear.
Though as for that, the passing there
Had really worn them about the same.


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh! I saved the first for another day.
Yet knowing how way leads on to way, 
I doubted that I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh,
Somewhere ages and ages hence.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by.
And that has made all the difference."



I can see how my choices in life have brought me here. I do not regret the paths I've taken. In fact, most days I am quite happy with living on property that we own with my beautiful family. We have a lot of love and a lot of blessings and I don't want to sound ungrateful.

I AM BLESSED!

But,
oh! How slow the progress goes! And oh! I don't like how things always seem to go wrong! Sometimes I feel like the movement is backwards.

I just have to keep reminding myself that "I shall be telling this with a sigh/somewhere ages and ages hence/two roads diverged in a wood, and I--/I took the road less traveled by/and that has made all the difference!"

No comments:

Post a Comment